5.30.2010
thank you
It's Memorial Day weekend. A lot of people deem it to be the true first weekend of Summer 2010. School is out, it's hot, people are traveling...well, not my little family, but I digress. People are crowded up on the beach, doing what beach-goers do, people are cooking BBQ & ribs & eating banana pudding, people are running the Cotton Row Run, I am working - and so are some of my friends. Whatever you find yourself doing on Monday, take a minute to look around. Y'all know I heart history (Thanks, Dad) and I keep up with politics fairly well, and I have a very soft spot for those who served & are serving in the military. We have stood at the cemetery of Coleville Sur Mer right off of the very beach that was stormed on D-Day in WW2 - it was life altering. Really. The magnitude and sheer number of people who gave their lives there will chill you to your core. This is only one such cemetery. They are everywhere. We live our lives, we work, we celebrate, we worship, we shop, we go to our vehicles without fear of a bomb being in them, we read what we want, we aren't told what we MUST believe & do. We are free. This freedom came with a huge price for many, the ultimate price for some. As you spend time with your family & as you bust out your Bible to read, think upon these things. I am so glad that people gave so freely of themselves, and continue to do so today. Hug a veteran. They have seen things that most of us will never see. These individuals are amazing. Enjoy your freedom - and pray that God keeps His hand of blessing on this country - despite the way that many of our leaders/citizens are behaving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment