So, funny story. We've established that my birthday was last week. One of my bday gift requests was laser hair removal. All you ladies want it, so don't be pretending like I'm nasty...y'all are all plucking your chin and whatnot. Anyhoo...when my Mom asked what I wanted, that was atop my list. She said that she was going to look around and do a little research. So, I was at work on Monday & my phone rang...it was a number from Illinois. I had a moment, so, I answered it. I said hello, and there was a really uncomfortable sounding dude on the other end who knew my name. I was like...uh, yeah. He said he was from some place - but to me, it sounded like "wonk wonk wonk" - you know, Charlie Brown's teacher. Then he started asking if I was interested in laser hair removal. I totally played dumb - and said, "uh, no". I was picturing this college dude sitting behind a desk with one of those headset things on who was picturing me as this big, fat, Chewbacca looking woman with a five o-clock shadow. Humiliated, I say!! So, I continue the denial & said, "now, where are you from?" He proceeded to tell me the name of his company and I said, "how did you get my phone number?" He told me that it came from a website where I entered in my info. It struck me suddenly that my Mom had temporarily LOST HER MIND and gave my name and PHONE NUMBER to this random website. OMG!!! I never, ever, ever give the digits. Ever. So, here I am, speaking with college dude and he thinks I'm King Kong's wife. What to do, what to do?? Should I lie to him some more? Should I hang up? Should I overcompensate and tell him that I'm not a fat, hairy person...really, I'm not? Argh. It was AWKWARD (say it in a sing-song voice, to really get how I felt). He started telling me where places were near me for the hair removal. All this time, I'm just embarrassed and want to get off the dang phone!!! So, I said to him, "oh, my Mom must have done this. I totally don't need it, not a big deal." Ha ha ha ha!!! Maybe he would think that I was cool and hip because I was blaming it on Mom, you know, two young adults, together in solidarity against Moms. Little did this dude know that I AM a Mom. I need the (tiny itty bitty) hair removal because my old-woman-I've-had-a-kid-and-am-in-my-30s- hormones have kicked in and I want to get it taken care of before I go all Werewolf. Although, we all know Jacob Black is cool ;) ha ha. That's a "Twilight" reference, Mom and Dad! We got off the phone shortly thereafter....maybe because I cut off the rest of his speech because I was humiliated. This dude probably got a big laugh out of the woman who denied and blamed her Mom and tried to be "cool" during a phone conversation about laser hair removal. AWKWARD!!!!
For the record, it's just a little hair removal. Really. It is. Do I need to convince you a little more?? ;) Getting old kinda sucks!!! ...but, it's better than the alternative - so, I'll take it!! ....AND, my sweet friend Carla is gonna hook me up - so I didn't need that college dude and his headset!!!
P.S. Mom....I love you bundles, but please, please, don't give the digits on the internet without permission ;) Ha ha ha!!!!
That's hilarious! And laser hair removal is something I've wanted for a long time. If I ever win the lottery, that and lasic eye surgery are the first things I'm doing.
ReplyDeleteok, you crack me up. love it! laughed so hard!!!!
ReplyDelete