October is a huge month for our family. Not only is it Fall, but football is in full swing, the colors are amazing, it's legit for me to drink hot drinks and wear my Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin fragrance without odd looks, and our whole family celebrates b-days this month.
I'm a gigantic fan of birthdays. Maybe it's an only-child thing, but I think that birthdays are the one special day out of the year that is only for me (or him, or her - depending on the day). I think that everyone should get to do whatever they want, calories shouldn't count, and everyone should be nice to that person on the special day. So, I try to make it just like that for my people. Jimmy's b-day was Monday. I had an awesome plan to surprise him with something - but, boom, his work had him working in another part of the stinking state :( boo. I've still got it up my sleeve...and with a little help, I may still pull it off. We'll see. I did the same thing for W today. Anything she wanted, we did. I bought her a Tangled balloon to have first thing this morning, even though I think they are a waste of money - because I know she loves balloons and Tangled. Sure did. Yep, we ate a cookie for lunch. Sure did. We spent too much money in the leotard store. Sure did. We bought a much-too-expensive lunchable made by Disney at Target because she wanted it. Sure did. We jumped in puddles in a parking lot because she wanted to. Sure did. She got to be the leader at dance class today. Sure did. We went to Quiznos for dinner (seriously? my kid picked THAT?) because she requested it. Sure did. I did ballet with her in the dining room with her Tinkerbell card from Mama Trish & Poppa playing 2 bars of a song over & over & over again...because she asked me to. Sure did. I ate donuts with my family tonight because W wanted that to be her birthday dessert. Guilt free. Sure did. I love it. My heart is full - because I have served my family for the last two days. I hope that I have made them feel special. Everyone deserves to feel extraordinary on his or her birthday.
I know that God has matured me in mommyhood and wifedom when I really can honestly say that I have enjoyed the last two days making my people feel super special. I have enjoyed it almost as much...if not more than my own birthday - which I will celebrate in 12 days, btw :) Maybe I will make it my goal to try to make everyone that I come into contact with feel special in some way - everyday - as if it were their birthday. How awesome would that be?!?
Thanks for my little and big people's birthday wishes via text and facebook. I conveyed them all. We are so blessed, really, really we are. Praises to God!
No comments:
Post a Comment