10.24.2016

What I LOVE right now....Fall edition

It's my favorite time of year! The colors are so rich, the weather is finally getting right....except, we do need a little more rain and I would love about 10 degrees cooler for the high, but I'm a heck of a lot happier than I was when the 90 degree days wouldn't leave us alone. So, y'all know my birthday is in this month. Usually, I do a lot of (over) thinking about life, its past, present, & future - relationships, friendships, what I want to make part of my 38th year and what I need to dump. Like I wrote in my last blog, it's just a time for renewal. Anyway, in all that (over) thinking, I've developed some strong opinions...& one of my goals for my 38th year is to be a little more vocal about my thoughts and a little less obsessed with what others may think. It's one of my hugest downfalls & many of my friends who have hit the big 4-0 already, tell me that the worry about others thoughts decrease at this point...so I'm working on a head start for my 38th year. Well...for a fun way to head start it, I'm rounding up a few of my absolute fave things right now to share with you. And - news flash - if you think they are whack or dumb, I don't care! Okay...so, I'm gonna half smile and really try not to care or feel like you won't like me anymore. Ha ha. Kidding. (Sorta). 

Thing one. I am OBSESSED with red hair!! I've been slightly obsessed with it for over a year, but my hair guy was like "no way" last fall/winter. So, this year, I brought a pic & I'm not sure if he just decided to call my bluff or if he was truly down with it, but I had some red put in & I love it! I want more! We all know I am a blonde at heart & it will show back up in the summer, but for now I am in love with it & with all things red!!! 



Eeek!!!! 💚💚🎃

Thing 2. Y'all know how much I LOVE music! It makes you feel some sort of way. I love lyrics and what they mean, and I think that my youngest is gonna be just like me 😬. She quotes lyrics and says "Momma, what does that mean"? Crazy, huh? There's 4 songs I'm digging now & 3 are alike and the 4th is completely different. I'm in love with "Gold" by Kiiara; "Karma Police" by Radiohead; "Wait up for Me" by Amos Lee; & "Home" by Blue October. Check em out! Yeah, I hear you....Karma Police is so dang old. Whatever. You know the Karma Police is still in business 😝😂. I have eclectic taste! 

Thing 3. New England. I'm obsessed with New England. Not the Patriots, although, they are okay, but the place. The vibe, the colors, the history!!!!, the way I dream that it feels to visit there in the fall...so, what am I gonna do about it?? Take that trip!! That's my birthday gift from my big love! We are headed to Boston & Salem and I couldn't be more excited to live out my dream trip in the fall colors and temps! I'm gonna wear my Hunter boots and my scarf and warm clothes and eat Boston cream pie and cannolis Ronny hearts content. And spend a little special time with my guy 💚🍁😍. Can't hardly wait. Although, the law has been laid down that I must only bring a carry on....so, cross your fingers, peeps. 😂😬

Thing 4. Lipsense. Have y'all tried it?? So, my friend Shawn sells it. It's this lipstick that stays on forever and ever. Like a really long time. It's sorta expensive, but it's gonna last a long time because you only use it once a day! I have 2 colors and a gloss. One color is super bright & is way out of my plain Jane box & the other color is right up my alley & is neutral as the day is long (it's called Bombshell & Jennifer Aniston wears it). Love!! 

Thing 5. My kindle. Yeah, I'm a book purist, so it's tough for me. But, one of my New Years goals was to read more & if I was going to accomplish this without breaking the bank & having excess clutter of books I would never re-read, I had to jump into this century and get a touch screen kindle (embarrassingly, I had the old school one that didn't do the touch anything). Yikes. So, I've been getting back in the reading game. It makes me feel a little less foggy and dumb. Smart folks read, right? It's like an exercise for your mind! And it makes me one step closer to being able to have just a carry on on my trip. 😂

Thing 6. You aren't gonna believe it. You know that I blogged about the sadness when I favorite candle was discontinued & how I spent ridiculous amounts of money buying bootleg ones on eBay so I could have my scent back. Weeeeellll. I had some time to kill in b&bw last weekend & (drum roll), some marketing GENIUS has relaunched MY CANDLE under a different name, color, & packaging. But the scent is the exact same!!!! So...when you see it, it's called "Winter Cedar". It's now in a blue jar & it is white, but it is BACK!!! You know you wanna come over and smell it!!! 💚😘

Thing 7. Moto Leggings. The denim like material kind. Ladies...do you have any??? I have 2 pair & I think they rock! I think they go with anything. They look good with my boots and they give me a little old school vibe...which I dig! They come in all colors. Check em!!! 

Thing 8. "This Is Us". It's on Tuesday nights on NBC. Y'all know I don't really have a show since Nashville got the boot & we are waiting on CMT to reload it. I boycotted "The Voice" this season because Miley is ridiculous. "Intervention" is on hiatus & our guilty pleasure "Naked & Afraid" is too. So, I started watching this show and it it AMAZING!!! I was an old school fan of "ER" & "Greys Anatomy" (before it jumped the shark), & drama/sitcoms before this crazy generation got a hold of TV.  I love shows that are relatable and make you love the characters and feel at home and nostalgic. I feel like reality TV ruined all of that, so this is heartwarming. If you don't at least tear up while watching, well, you're a jerk. Ha ha. The storyline leaves you begging for more! 

Thing 9. Now that I've ripped this generation's version of TV, I'm gonna just go all whole hog on you and tell you that I'm obsessed with the 70s right now. I'm reading 70s history stuff, watching documentaries about the 70s, listening to 70s southern rock music, buying 70s inspired clothing, digging 70s colors, & wanting old school Tupperware in my house. Maybe I'm trying to reclaim my childhood. Ha ha! I'm obsessed with wondering if we all lived like kids did in the 70s again, if things would be different now in our world. Who knows? That's just the junk I think about! 

Thing 10. This goes without saying. I am obsessed with all things football right now! I've gotten a new Bama shirt & some lucky panties. I'm twitter stalking again & changing my schedules all around so we can watch every single game! It's my absolute favorite time of year!!! And now...I can burn my good candles and it's finally chilly enough to come with some Fall recipes for our family and friends! It's on!!! 💚💚

That's my top 10 things I LOVE right now!!! What do y'all love?? What do I need to check out?? Got any fun ideas for Boston or for my kindle? Wanna smell my candle and listen to my music?? Ha ha. What a fun, lighthearted blog to head to year 38!! None of y'all are hating on me...I'm absolutely sure of it!!! 😘😘💚

 

No comments:

Post a Comment