It's been a minute since I've blogged. I miss it when I don't blog. It's an outlet for me. Anyway, we have been busy getting used to becoming a party of four. I remember my friend Jenny telling me that it kind of really hit her after they had welcomed their second child and the whole family went to a restaurant and the hostess asked, "how many are in your party?". The answer was "four", and suddenly, she said, it was like 'woah...we have two kids!' I totally get that feeling now! Woah, we have two kids. I even created a new Pinterest board that is entitled "OMG I have two girls". Ha ha.
So, what have I been up to? Well....I have been changing diapers, breastfeeding (on the couch, in the car, in restaurants all across town, in the bed, standing up, sitting down...), pumping, changing itty bitty onesies - one day we had a 4 outfit day!, doing tummy time - which I can proudly announce that C HATES, just like her sister did, using burp cloths, putting my hair in a messy bun every day because my littlest girl LOVES to grab it and pull it - and darn it, she has the best grip ever, buying tiny bows so people won't call her a boy, making photo shoots with my iphone as she sleeps, catching up on DVR-ed episodes of The Voice, Intervention, and Nashville, and attempting to navigate errands with a tiny one - and on brave days, with two kids. That's my life currently. Yes, it's overwhelming. Honestly, I would love more than anything (if I still were physically able at the present), to take off on a ten mile run. I would love the silence, just me and the road and my ipod and the wind hitting my face. Awesomeness. I keep telling myself that eventually it will happen again. This is such a short season and I shouldn't wish it away. Soon enough, little baby C who relies on us for everything, will have strong opinions about her clothes and food and will talk in the talk-back-smarty-singsong voice that big sister W has already developed. It is mighty nice, though, that big sister can tell me exactly what she wants, why she is crying, if she is hungry, or if her tummy hurts.
Other than the everyday ins and outs of baby care, we have done some fun things. We took a family outing to the Pumpkin Patch when baby C was 5 weeks old. We went to see Lovie and Poppy when she was 6 weeks old. We visited W's preschool where she was having a Halloween party...well, C and I attended for about 15 minutes, til we had to go to the car and eat. Told ya that I breastfeed all over town. We participated in Trunk or Treat at our Church on Halloween - which I LOVED - totally big turnout - AND....our Under the Sea trunk got 2nd place for creativity :) Woot woot! Yeah...we breastfed in the car there too. Last night, we attended W and C's very first High School football game! W has gotten into football this year - since Mommy and Daddy are big time Bama fans. She has even asked to go to a Bama game :) Yes!!!! W LOVED the football game last night and was enamored with the cheerleaders. What a blast!
As I'm reading this....it's probably a boring blog to the majority - not much like my typical funny-ness or my insights about life. It's just a recount of what's going on in our world. I will need this to remember....since this time is always such a fog....which, I totally think is a gift from God or none of us would ever have more than one kid! Ugh. Jimmy and I have had several conversations while baby C is screaming - you know, wondering if W screamed like that for no reason. My Mom reminded me that we desperately put W in her carseat and sat her on the dryer to see if it would make her stop crying and screaming. I laughed pretty hard about that - because I had totally wiped that little memory out of my mind. I love the tricks that we will try to get a kid to calm down. W loved when we sung the tune of "Bonanza" and bounced her around. C enjoys "Thunderstruck", the vacuum cleaner, and womb noises. I wonder if this is an early testament to her personality? :)
So, if you're still reading after my babble of what I'm doing lately, thanks. I just needed to put it into words :)
so sweet to read what y'all are up to! sweet little house of baby girls ;) love it! miss you so much! someday when we both get to leave the house (well, sounds like you're leaving more than i am!) let's get together! love you!
ReplyDelete