12.28.2011

black and gold

Funny quirk of mine...actually, this quirk has probably made me miss out on lots of good movies and books, but I still continue to abide by my little rule. I hate packaging that is black and gold or looks like there might be an Egyptian pyramid or symbol somewhere.

Case in point:


This makes me physically ill. Despite the fact that back when this movie was "cool" (yes, in May 2001), I referred to it as "The Dummy", there is nothing about it that appeals to me whatsoever. The colors are just, ugh.

Case in point number two:


Yawn. I'm disgusted. This one has a triple whammy of things that I hate: drab colors, sand, and a dude's last name that I can't pronounce. There is no way that I would ever watch such...merely from the packaging.

Next item:


I have missed out on all of the Harry Potter hype because I just can't get past the hideous cover of the book. The font used to write the words "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" and that Parthenon looking thing behind him just turned me off... To a whole series....that all of America and England has gone nuts over. All because of the packaging and the font. You'd think that the illustrator used comic sans or something. For the record, if you type in comic sans, I can't ever see the message that you are writing - because all I read is "uncreative"!!!!

I fought this one tooth and nail.....mainly because I knew there was a high probability that I would be proven wrong with my black and gold packaging theory. So, here it is....my husband made me watch this movie....I'm sure you've heard of it. I complained - a lot - about it...until he told me that I just had to pretend like I didn't see the DVD cover.


This one, I actually liked. Okay...there, I admitted it. National Treasure was a good movie. I still don't condone that bad color choice of DVD background, nor will I allow myself to watch part 2 or 3 (I think there is a three?).

There's one other thing that I have just recently allowed myself to like that is represented by black and gold....


Yes....little Mark Ingram...he's a Saint. They are black and gold. I'll raise my ban on all things black and gold just for him :)

And, for all of my High School peeps reading....of course, the good ole McAdory Yellowjackets have a standing override on my hatred of all things black and gold!!


That pic pretty much just made me want to do spirit fingers and a toe touch!!

No comments:

Post a Comment