I LOVE old ads! I google them sometimes...(a) because I'm a dork (b) because it's fun (c) because I have a deep seeded desire to live in a much earlier decade than my own (i.e., the 30s/40s/50s). So, in my quest to give a little insight into this strange brain of mine...I'm posting a few of the good ones I've stumbled upon lately.

The first one I've posted here is just wrong. "Blow in her face"? Seriously. I'm pretty sure his breath stanks from smoking these flavored cigars. It's just a covered up stench. I will note though that the price is phenomenal - 25 cents gets you 5! Woot!

Y'all know I'm a breastfeeding Nazi...so, I find it wronger than wrong that this ad is promoting giving your baby coca cola as early as you possibly can. Maybe people from other times of life wanted their babies to stay awake a whole lot. Our lazy generation is just begging for our kids to sleep (a lot). This does remind me a little bit of the time when my friend Ashley was sitting in the ER waiting room and noted an approximately 18 month old kid next to her drinking Mountain Dew from a sippy cup. Maybe her Mommy had seen this ad & took it to heart ;(

I LOVE this one!! Especially because I am an OB nurse...and a WWII history buff. Didn't these dudes get it...you can't beat the Axis if you get VD!!! She might look clean, but you never know what's lurking in them drawers! Ha ha ha! Seriously...it's a good ad to remind guys to just act right. I find it especially funny that the lady looks so plain and nice. That's the point, huh?

This is a RIOT!!! Check out that awesome hairdryer. I really want to bust up in my job wearing this bad boy on my hip. Ha ha!! The other items there on the side are hilarious too! Gosh, you just don't realize how high tech we are until you see these dinosaurs. Plus, I'm really trying to ignore where it says "General Electric Has It!" at the top of the ad...some of y'all know how I feel about GE right now!!!

Hmm...maybe I should check this fact out with the MDs at my work. Wonder if they think Camels are the way to go?? ;)

Emm hmm...you don't give a crap about your toothache because you're geeked up? Is that the mode of operation? Guess so. Hope you don't have a toothache while pregnant - your medication could lead to a placental abruption...and quite possibly a stroke.

I saved my most favorite for last. Yeah, you can tell the times have changed. No one in this day and age would EVER EVER EVER advertise their clothing for "chubbies". Really? Is that supposed to be a compliment? Chubbies? Gah. There would be "chubbies" suing for discrimination and emotional pain all over America. Chubbies. Dude, that's just mean. Glad that Lane Bryant changed their verbage...they might not still be in business ;)
Yay! That's all for tonight! Hope you've enjoyed my trip back in time. If you're ever bored...break dorky and google some old ads. It's just plain hilarious!!
No comments:
Post a Comment