- Get your hand stamped at the West entrance & then bypass the big, long, sultry line of rednecks and teenagers.
- Bring a canopy to pitch up in the grass. People are all over those umbrella tables like stink on poop. I think that God didn't make much shade at Point Mallard.
- Make sure that before you erect the said canopy that your husband hasn't removed the top of it...that's the #1 ingredient for shade!
- You're not supposed to bring food in from the outside, but Jenny & I can smuggle with the best of 'em.
- Don't bring a float for just one child, especially with W around. She's stingy.
- The water in the kiddy pool is slightly lukewarm. I'm going to pretend like it's from the hot weather & not from the constant leakage of pee pee in the Little Swimmers swim diapers.
- Watch the placement of your sunscreen. They weren't kidding when they printed on the can to not get it in your eyes. My eyes felt like acid was eating them & they were swollen so bad that I looked like I had watched "Beaches", "Steel Magnolias", "Old Yeller" and "Titanic" back to back.
- I look pretty decent in a swimsuit for a 31 year old chick with a kid.
- People must not own mirrors, don't care about how they look, have the most awesome self esteem ever, or don't have friends brave enough to tell them the truth. Wow. Clinton & Stacy would have a coronary if they showed up at Point Mallard.
- Smoking is still disgusting & irritates other people's sinuses, even from 30 yards away.
- Even if you are skinny, it's not cool to show your c/s scar off in public. Pull up your suit!
- W must have a good immune system - she consumed water from the Point Mallard kiddy pool & hasn't puked yet. - P.S. I didn't condone the water consumption from the pool!
- I wish that I had remote start on my vehicle. The seat belt hooky things are HOT!
- If we would've stayed 30 more minutes & if I didn't turn on the Olivia DVD in the car, my child might have fell asleep in the car...
- BUT...overall, it was a rousing success because I did hear the statement that is music to any mommy's ears, " can we lay down and take a nap?"
We will totally go again...armed with knowledge and experience :) W had fun telling her Daddy all about the water park & our picnic...that part made my heart super happy!
amy, you make me laugh! you are a great writer : ) glad y'all had fun. i'll keep those tips in mind!!! ; )
ReplyDelete