My Mom has been in the hospital...nothing life threatening, but anytime that I have a loved one in the hospital, I have an urge to check things out for myself & make sure that they are being well cared for and that they know that I love them. So...that's what we did. I left work early on Thursday bc census was low. I wasn't going to tell anyone that I was leaving - I was under the impression that W & my Dad were long gone to Poppy & Lovie's house & I didn't have anywhere to be until Bible Study at 7pm. I had dreams of shopping & meandering around all alone. I crave solitude sometimes...don't take that the wrong way, I heart my family so much, but alone time rejuvenates me & makes me a better mommy/wife/person. Anyhoo, as my mind was going wild with the thoughts of silence, I get a text from Dad that says 'call me' - so I did & he & W were still at my house, but someone needed to come home to hang with W so he could leave. Bubble busted. I had to tell the truth & so I went home. Dad left, Jimmy came home, we quickly packed a bag & loaded up the car & left out. As a funny aside, we stopped at Arby's & spilled curly fries all over the back floorboard of the car - Dubya the wonder Lab LOVED this - and my car's new nickname became BMW - Big Mess on Wheels. Ha.
Jimmy, W, & Dub drop me off at the hospital so I can check it out the care being given to my sweet Mommy. I am wearing scrubs & am a bit embarrassed bc I don't wanna be *that girl* I know you nurses all know what I'm talking about. I want the 411 in medical terms, but I don't want the nurses to think I'm a know-it-all. Seriously, my Mom doesn't have a cervix to check, so I'm in left field. Jimmy gets to my folks house & sends a text that says 'we forgot the most important thing'. I think I'm so super ahead of the game & inform him that the pack & play is in my Dad's vehicle. He texts back 'oh, it's much worse'....IT'S OUR CLOTHES/MAKEUP/TOILETRIES/UNDIES!!!!!!
So, our options are to wear what we got on for 3 days, to go home asap, or to get a new wardrobe. You can only imagine my excitement of actually getting permission to buy something ;) First thing the next morning, I slip my scrubs back on, put my greasy hair in a ponytail, & cart my no-makeup self to the neighborhood Target. Here's the rundown:
Dress for me: $21
Shoes for me: $3.50
Undies for me: $3.00
Undies for Jimmy: $4.00
Shirt for Jimmy: $4.00
Lipgloss for me: $6.00 (okay, this was a little unnecessary, but I liked it)
"Roughing it" - Priceless :)
Ha ha ha! That was my version of "roughing it". I should get out more, huh? Out to the wilderness ;) I dug under my Mom & Dad's sink & found some makeup that was probably purchased at the turn of the century & put it on. It worked. I used a funky purple eyeshadow that I actually ended up thinking was kinda cool. I might also add that W's bag arrived at the location fully loaded & so she was decked to the nines - as usual. Mommy & Daddy looked like hobos. AND I couldn't feed my newfound addiction to running bc I had no shoes, clothes, sportsbra, socks, etc. Stress! I contemplated a barefoot run, but decided that might be dumb.
Highlight of the weekend: Watching the SEC Championship with my Dad & Jimmy. Second highlight of the weekend: A hot date with my hubby to PF Changs.
Priceless :)
No comments:
Post a Comment