What a jerky title, huh? Well...it's the truth. I hate Summer. Honestly, I would be glad if there were only three seasons. That's why I pray that global warming is just something that Al Gore made up so people would buy hybrid cars & get all energy-efficiency-excited. You can tell by looking at me, that I'm not the summer type. I was pale before Twilight made it cool. I was the original Cullen :) *right now, my parents are reading this wondering what the heck is a Cullen?* Ha ha. I spent alot of time in high school & college fighting the paleness & spending an inordinate amount of hours cooking my body in the tanning bed. Yeah, sunscreen/tanning nazi has a past, okay. It never really worked, except for 2 seasons. My freckles pretty much just bunched up. Hideous. So, I've given up & am just going to smile inside knowing that I'll look younger for longer than my tanning-addicted cohorts. Another digress - sorry.
The bummer part of my Summer hatred is that I have a tiny girl who loves to be outside. She wants to swim, hang out outside, water the flowers, "play" basketball, etc. That means that sometimes, I have to put on a smiley face (and 70 spf sunscreen) and go out-freakin-side. Might I add, just for information's sake, that the mosquitos think I am super tasty. They also think W is super tasty too - and when SHE gets bit, Jimmy contemplates a trip to the ER, but when I get bit, no one cares. Whatev. So, anyway, the point to my story is, that on Friday I was off work & had decided that I really needed to let W & Dubya get outside & play - and I needed to clean up the BMW (Big Mess on Wheels). I blew up the bouncy house and let W play in it for a while as I was vacuuming the Big Mess & then she "helped" me scrub a dub the mats. We killed 2 birds with one stone - they got to go outside, I got the Big Mess cleaned up. It was miserable. Terrible. Every last second was yucky. But, it is finished - and I got a pic or two to share. AND my husband thinks I'm the bomb for doing it - especially bc he realized my sacrifice. He has seriously joked on me because I couldn't find a "summery" good smelling thing to put in the car, so I settled for what I did have. A Christmas one. I told him that I'm just getting ready for the winter & beginning my celebration early. I'm also secretly hoping that maybe it will fool me into thinking it's cooler outside than it really is :) So...if you get too hot in this miserable heat, just come sit in my car - it's clean, it smells like Fresh Balsam, and we can talk about snow !
Check out the pics from our big day out: one of my sweet little helper, one of her playing in the bouncy house, & the pic taken by my iphone of me proving that I was really outside in this heat. Pardon the hideousness.


No comments:
Post a Comment