4.10.2012

Guess y'all wondered.....

Guess y'all wondered when I would blog about the big news, huh? As a forward to this post, it's really hard for me to blog about this & I've put it off for a while. I feel like I kinda owe it to the readers...especially because I am such an open book about life...ask and you shall receive - sometimes more than you really wanted. It's hard for me because where I come from, and in my job, I find it difficult to "bank on" having a baby until it's here, in your arms and everyone is safe. It's a definite buzzkill, but there are perks, too :) And plus...I realize fully that just because I'm pumped and am living this everyday, the masses don't really give a crap about my nausea or heartburn or my fibroid tumor - so, I keep it a little mum unless asked. But, in the spirit of keeping my open book policy - here we are. If you could care less...then, just skip til the next blog....

Yeah! So, our family is gonna grow. Yes. It is. Do you hear the confidence in my voice? Ha. Yeah, fake it 'til you make it :) Our family is gonna grow!! How many of you guys have I told that W was gonna be an only. Emm hmm. Every one of you. The testimony that I give with this is that God knows best. He knew before I was born that I would become pregnant this child. He knew this whole time that we were a one-child-family that this blessing would take place. How neat to know that He was thinking of us and creating plans for us and our children before we even knew.

So the story goes that I was training for the Mercedes Half Marathon in Birmingham. Training was awesome - I had been running 10 milers the past few weekends without problems and was averaging 18-20 miles per week easy breezy. I went on a 9 mile run with some friends, and at mile 6, I became super ill and ended up walking back to my car. I had a bad rest of the day - on the potty - and slept about 3 hours and thought I was just poorly hydrated and unprepared for my run. So, the next day I worked and almost fainted after lunch. I still chalked it up to dehydration and got rehydrated by IV & had a great next couple of days....until I tried to run again. I ran 5 miles and after I was done, I almost fainted again and was extremely nauseated. It was night-time, so I just got ready for bed. As Jimmy came in to tuck me in, I told him what was going on and told him that I was afraid that the training was catching up with me and that I probably needed to pop into my doctor's office and have my blood counts drawn to see if I was anemic. He said "you better not be pregnant"....and we giggled and I went to bed. The next day I felt wonderful and spent the day celebrating with my Mommy and my little love for Mom's bday. The day after that was a Thursday (01/19 to be exact). I worked and I made a couple of comments to my buddy Kayse about some funny smells and a funny taste in my lunch that day. She had been there for the almost fainting episode and told me that I needed to pee on a stick. We laughed - a lot - because I was so sure that there was no way in the world. We did fertility drugs to get W and things still weren't even in the ballpark of clockwork - so, uh, no. Needless to say, long story short, we traipsed over to my OB's office and I asked for bloodwork to check for anemia - and they asked when my last period was. Ha. To that, I had no answer. Who knew? Thanksgiving? Idk. Whatever. They wanted a preg test first. Humor me. I peed on the stick like I was asked. I kept my back to the nurse testing me. I was chatting with Kayse & my other buddy Katie. I heard the chick mumble about something in the background of the first test, so she was gonna run it again. Whatever. Then I see big, big crocodile tears well up in Kayse's eyes. She was facing the nurse. I said, "what? It's negative, right?". Kayse shook her head. I finally turned around. The nurse said "Congratulations! You're pregnant!". The next 15 minutes are a blur, really. I went into fight or flight. I do believe that I told the nurse "no, we are only having one child". I think I scared her. She offered me a seat. I took it. In one breath, I requested my husband, my doctor, and an ultrasound. What. The. Crap?!?!?!? Thankfully, everyone else was sane and one of the other docs was there and performed an ultrasound and gave me a lab slip. Labwork was drawn...one job perk...I could see my results within about 30 minutes. It was legit. The levels were good. I am pregnant - with the labwork and an ultrasound to prove it.

I'm gonna keep the info regarding the announcement to my husband in confidence. We gotta have some privacy. There were some tears (on my part). There was a lot of shock. There was praying. In the end. It was beautiful, and perfect. It was us, together. Two weeks later, we sat in our doctors office and heard the most beautiful, musical, God sent sound together, along with our firstborn. We heard the heartbeat of our baby. This solidified it and made it for real. We were scared, we were shocked, life as we knew it was gonna change....but we were all in. We love this tiny tiny person, already. "Take the blessing", I heard God whisper through my fear...."Take the blessing". So, that's where we are....we are taking the blessing! I have been humbled at the times that I have been able to turn this miracle to give Him praise. I know that pleases Him. I know it's just what He wants. People asked me in the beginning, "was this an accident? was this an oops?". Was it planned? Not by me and Jimmy it wasn't....but it sure was by my God :) He gives us what we need - so He wanted us to have another member of our family. I daydream already and think about how it is already written....if this is a girl or a boy...if it will look like W, or me, or Jimmy...will it have my hair or his? will it have his eyes or mine? will it be as funny as W? Will it be loving? Why am I calling it it? Ha ha. :)

All of this to say...our family is growing!!! We are excited :) We joke about the circumstances surrounding it a lot. I tell my friends who are having pregnancy scares to go see if they are anemic. Ha. It's really hilarious now...how it all went down. Now that the shock is wearing off and we are getting pumped up. That said, it is scary and new - so, keep our growing family in your prayers - if you will :) He is sovereign and He is good. All the time....and we are taking the blessing.

2 comments:

  1. ahhhh! i love it. what a fun post ; ) i love the "take the blessing"... so awesome. and i love that you say it was planned ... by GOD!!! so true. love you friend!!! and i love this little one too ; )

    ReplyDelete