9.14.2010

much needed vay-cay

Hello to those who read :) It's been a minute, huh? Yeah. I was busy. Doin' nothin'!!! Love it!!! We just got back from a week long (oh yeah) vacation. It's been in the works for one year & it finally arrived - just in time! It was me, Jimmy, W, Lovie, Poppie, & Mama Trish & Poppa. Aunt Tamara & Uncle Dustin came & hung out for a few days, too - which rocked! Sad stuff was that Uncle Shane, T & Aunt Christy had to stay home for this go-round. Mainly because Aunt Christy is 36 weeks pregnant and could blow at any minute. I surely didn't want her stuck down south where if something happened, she would have to be cared for by someone where a resident was included! Eek. I would die. At home, she was safe. If something happened, I knew that she was in very capable hands with her md & my sweet co-workers :)



our sweet family :)
I'm not gonna bore you with the details of the trip (although, I could!), but we ate to our hearts content (W was totally intrigued by the place where the rolls are thrown), spent too much $ at the outlets (of course I needed those pants at Ann Taylor - the size zero fit for pete's sake - you gotta buy them, for that reason alone!), we rode every - and I do mean every - carousel around, we swam, & watched W put on "talent shows", I got to run along the road by the beach, Jimmy & I got to eat a special lunch of royal reds alone, we watched football, we went to the most awesome little bitty zoo (that didn't stink like an elephants patoot), we built sandcastles, we took naps, and (my personal favorite) - I read 4 books!!!! Woot!!!! I also had a spray tan, so I was quasi-tropic while doing all of this! I drank the BEST chocolate malt in the universe (twice). It was at a place called "Shakes". Worth every stinking calorie!!!
someone drank a blue icee!!

On Daddy's shoulders :)

Now I am worthless - back to the land of chaos & time constraints & messy houses & laundry - and I just want to read another book on the beach. The only saving grace that I have is that my house smells like a pumpkin and fall is really RIGHT around the corner! That keeps me going!
Oh, and the fact that football abounds & Bama is rockin' so far this year :) Hooray!

Me and my lovemuffin with whom I am blessed to share this crazy life

I have many more post topics in my brain (i.e., the books that I have read & am currently reading) "Crazy Love" & "Radical" - oh yeah, sell your stuff & give it all to God & what's TRULY important in life - these books are impacting me in a huge way - thanks God :) um...and I was gonna do a 09/11 post, but I missed that big time, I'm thinking about a facts about me post - which apparently in the blog world is a must-do, and etc, etc. My mind moves alot...can you tell?
Love, love, love :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great time!! Glad you got the chance to relax and read....I love that!!

    ReplyDelete