Today I was off work...so Lovie & Poppy came up for a fun day visit with Me & W while Daddy was at work. The day didn't start off so awesome - W woke up at 0600 & wouldn't take no for an answer. Urrrgh. Misery, since I'm a hardcore sleeper. Anyhoo, Lovie & Poppy showed up in their new vehicle - which is awesome, I might add - I heart XM radio & wish that my car had it - and that back up camera would've saved a lotta money in body work for me & my family :)...so, we loaded up & went to Pump-It-Up for pop in playtime. WE WERE THE ONLY ONES THERE!!! What a dream for a 2 1/2 year old...right? Not W. She decided that she was scared. We've only been there 50 times. But, we've payed, so we gotta play, so we (read me - 31, Lovie - 57, Poppy - 57) climbed up the gigantic slide a zillion times & slid down with her. We also climbed up in the basketball court part & I continually lifted W to "slam dunk". We went through the obstacle course - this is where Lovie got stuck & Poppy had to rescue her out the side of the big air filled obstacle course. Finally, as if we weren't suckers enough, me - 31 & Poppy - 57, got in the big bouncer and (on a dare from Lovie) decided to do toe touches. We were awesome! Just like in the old days. Ole Dad put up a pretty good toe touch - I know there are some young chicks that would die to have a toe touch as good as his. And, humbly (of course), my parents agreed that I still got it. I was doing some inverted, awesome toe touches. Aaah...the old days. Anyone ever heard that song that says "I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was"? That was the theme song playing.
So...I'm writing this on the same night in which the toe touches were done. I'm still on cloud 9, refusing to believe that I'm 31. There's a huge chance that I may not be able to ambulate tomorrow. My arms are already a little sore from the slam dunk lifting...but, I'll continue to ignore aging. You're only as young as you feel & I'm gonna keep trying. I got someone to keep up with! Although, I must admit that as a teenager, I told my Mom that when I had a kid, I was still going to be able to pull a standing tuck. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That's the hardest laugh ever...I had no idea. If anyone sees me limping in the halls of HH over the next couple of days, stop & help a sista out. I refuse to believe. Oh, and for those who know my sweet Daddy, if you see him limping in Publix - help him, please, I'm not in the same town to do so :(
Night Night to those who read :) Thanks for letting me share a little of my adventures with you!
that sounds like a crazy day!!! i bet your toe touches are totally fabulous! they have an adult gymnastics class at the matrix ... i'm way too scared to go!!! hehe. it would be hilarious though! they have tumble tramps and stuff ... maybe when we turn 40 and we really need a pick-me-up!!! ; )
ReplyDelete