Me and my girl went shopping today :) Of course, like most of my shopping outings, it starts out as a couple of things that I really do need - i.e., dog food, easter egg dye, easter basket, and dog treats...but it ends up with those things, plus a moisture-wicking tank for running in warm weather, a pair of polka dotted panties (because they were $3 - AND I'm diggin' all things polka right now), some peeps (yuck, but w wanted them and they were an irresistable shade of blue), and some fun dip (another find by w)...then a trip to the mall for lunch and a quick stop by to look at these super awesome running shorts with houndstooth on the side (recommended by my super sister in law) turned into a battle of wills with me vs. yellowbox flip flops in which I was subsequently beaten into submission and walked away with a nice Belk bag containing two new pair of flip flops. Aah. Sigh. Oh well. So, here's a few pics of what I'm diggin' right now - some I own...some I'm just waiting to make my move on :)

How about these guys??!! These polka dotted ones are entitled "Champs" and the houndstooth are appropriately entitled "Bear"! Awesome homage to my team - the Alabama Crimson Tide! I can't wait to rock these puppies all summer - and then on into football season...right up to the point in which I begin to get funny looks because it's cold outside and I'm still rockin' the flip flops! Eek! Love 'em. Probably worth the trouble that I will get into for purchasing them.

How about these guys??!! These polka dotted ones are entitled "Champs" and the houndstooth are appropriately entitled "Bear"! Awesome homage to my team - the Alabama Crimson Tide! I can't wait to rock these puppies all summer - and then on into football season...right up to the point in which I begin to get funny looks because it's cold outside and I'm still rockin' the flip flops! Eek! Love 'em. Probably worth the trouble that I will get into for purchasing them.

This next shirt is something that I'm also diggin' right now! It's a pair of scissors cutting a credit card in two with the quote "Live Simply". Love it! It's the desire of our hearts at this moment. Can you tell that I'm a miserable failure and need God's love and grace daily with this particular topic? It's a great reminder - not sure if it's cool that I paid $30 for it...but I didn't do so on credit, so maybe that counts for something. At our church, we have been going through the "Radical" study based on the Bible (of course) along with Dr. David Platt's book of the same title. It's so on target with what God is doing in our lives at this time - downsize, using the resources that we have been given for His kingdom and His good and not being tied up in the world - i.e., being house poor - and to be able to focus on Him and to not get caught up in keeping up with the proverbial Joneses - although, yeah, I'm first to admit that I love everything that the Joneses have, and then some!

This is Bobbie Brown Creamy Lip Color - I love it. I have "Rose Petal" that I've been wearing a lot lately. It's not all heavy and lipstick-ey looking. I'm kinda having a makeup crisis right now. I love my stuff, but I want more and different stuff. I think it's because old stupid Satan tells me all the time that I'm u-g-l-y, so I'm trying to find a way to "fix" it. Anyhoo - I love Bobbie's stuff. It's natural looking, which is cool because I'm not a good makeup-putter-on-er.

Cottage Living :) Woot woot! Yeah, it's our latest love....see above discussion regarding being "Radical" and living within our means and being Heaven focused and not Earth focused. Whatever - so my wonderful, most favorite piece of furniture won't fit in the house...it's aight. There will be another chance for my big table - on down the road, I'm sure...just gotta remain faithful & submit. Hoping there's a cottage in our future, if that's His will :)

These are a cute little sample of the baby shower decorations/gifts that I've been creating lately :) So much fun & so stinking simple! I heart art! I heart it even more when I truly have ample time to mess with it and to play music and sing while I am doing it...that really gets the creative juices flowing! ....add a diet coke in the mix and I'm in an unstoppable groove! Love it!
Okay....I have a tiny girl begging to climb up in my lap, a labrador who wants to be petted and a text message that needs answering. Aah...such is life :) Love - Love - Love!!!!
Love it, love it, love it.
ReplyDeletelove your post! so fun. i'm the same way - i go into target with a very strict list of like 3 things i need ... then there are so many other things that i end up coming out with! akkk!!! ok, what are those precious shower things you made? teach me!!! are they wash clothes? i have temporarily been shut out from my email b/c i tried to upload too many videos (i don't have a dvd burner on my computer, so i was moving the videos from my iphone to my email then i was going to come up with another plan!) at any rate, we may have to chat on phone but i want to hear about those cute cupcake and lollipop things! you are so talented!!!!!!! love you!
ReplyDelete